American University of Europe - FON stands as a symbol for quality in high education in North Macedonia. Our professors have international portfolios both in academic fields and in their field of profession with many awards and international achievements.
For the past 20 years of its existence, the University has been constantly investing in its growth and advancement, because we are aware that investments in education drive innovation, create new values and are a key tool for transformation.
Thus, with the continuous investments today, the American University of Europe - FON sets world standards and conditions for the academic development of each individual, stimulates competition and contributes to the shaping of the employment market.
As a leading higher education institution in private education, the American University of Europe - FON, has faculties that offer teaching of higher education in the first and second cycle of studies, which allows students to be educated by the best academic teaching staff from the country and abroad.
In addition, the University combines knowledge and experience, research and practice and with multidisciplinary approach we apply a high standard and a strategic role in meeting the needs of entrepreneurship and adapting students to the changes the world is facing today.
Since its establishment to this day, more than 9000 students have completed their higher education at the first and second cycle of studies at our university, which is a proof of the realization of the university efforts to provide knowledge verified with diplomas that are valued abroad.
The status of a University student is obtained by enrolling in the undergraduate or postgraduate studies at the faculties at AU - FON University.
Students fulfill their rights and obligations as determined by law and the general acts of the University and its units.
The status of a student, thereby a member of the academic community, is attained by enrollment in undergraduate and postgraduate and studies.
Student’s rights and obligations
The student has the right to:
- quality studies and educational process as planned in the study programs;
- free expression of thoughts and attitudes during the course of lectures;
- speak out about the quality (evaluation) of teaching and teachers;
- full-time studying and full-time student status, as well as the right to part-time studying and part-time student status;
- constant progress, education and to complete the study program under the same conditions valid at the time of enrolment;
- protect his/her student rights and obligations before the bodies of the higher education institution, and the right to protect his/her personal identity and student honor against abuse.
- The student also has the right to:
- study more than one study program from different specialties and to study additional courses;
- use the library and the databases, the premises, the equipment (educational tools), software and the remaining scientific and professional infrastructure;
- participate in the scientific-research and professional activity, which guarantee their copyright, invention rights, similar rights and rewards;
- use the university’s facilities for sports and cultural activities;
- participate in the forms of planning the student organizations appointed by the University Statute;
- use vacation not less than 60 days in one calendar year;
- realize cooperation with students from the country and abroad.
The student has the obligation to:
- fulfill the tasks noted in the study programs;
- implement the decisions from the university authorities;
- act in accordance with the Student ethical code.