Ass. Prof. Dr.art Aleksandra Jovanovska Hnida
Faculty of Design and Multimedia
Title, Name and Surname: Aleksandra Jovanovska Hnida
Short narrative bio:
Aleksandra Jovanovska was born on May 18, 1987 in Tetovo. She graduated at the "Accademia Italiana" in Skopje in 2009, fashion Design. She received her MA degree at European University - Skopje in 2013, at the Faculty of Art and Design. She started her professional career as a CAD operator in Macedonian Garment Industry in 2011. As a fashion designer, she continued her career in "Renovelur", Tetovo, in 2012. At the same time she worked as a head fashion illustrator and assistant fashion designer for the fashion designer Nikola Eftimov in Skopje. In January 2015, she was elected as a Teaching Assistant at the European University Republic of Macedonia - Skopje, at the Faculty of Art and Design and in December 2018 she was elected as a Assistant Professor at the same faculty. In 2017 she is a lecturer at the "Seavus Educational and Development Center" at the Academy of Fashion Design Dzolev and Arts) for fashion illustration and digital fashion illustration. Since October 2019, she has been in full-time employment as an assistant professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia.
She has participated in many group exhibitions and group fashion shows inMacedonia, Italy and Serbia. She has also worked on several research projects in the field of culture, art and design and has published several scientific papers. She has taken part in numerous art, design and education conferences.
Course you have been teaching and courses you are teaching currently:
- Graphic Design 2 - Assistant Professor at the European University-Skopje, Faculty of Art and Design
- Basics of fashion design - Assistant Professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia
- Fashion Design 2 - Assistant Professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia
- Fashion accessories - assistant professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia
- Fashion Design 3 - Assistant Professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia
- Draping and molding techniques - assistant professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia
- Fashion Design Advanced Level 1 - Assistant Professor at FON University, School of Design and Multimedia
Fashion Collection - Assistant Professor at FON University, Faculty of Design and Multimedia
My research interests include topics and issues related to fashion design, topics in the field of sustainable fashion, recycling, social and political aspects, as well as the historical aspect of fashion. At the same time, I research contemporary fashion illustration.
I am currently researching and planning workshops related to recycling and reuse of unusable furniture and denim clothing. I am also in the process of designing a mini collection of hand-painted T-shirts inspired by personal family history combined with Russian history from the time of Nikolai Alexandrovich Romanov.
List of published articles (academic journals), texts (in edited books) and books:
- 2017 "Eco clothing VS Designed clothes and Circular Economy", Seventh International Scientific Conference "Modern Aspects of Circular Economy", European University - Skopje
- 2015 "The human body - a challenge to create a contemporary fashion illustration", Fifth International Scientific Conference "New Spaces in Science and Art", EURM, Skopje
- 2015 "The drawing as an autoreferential expression created in a contemporary conceptual format", Fifth International Scientific Conference "New Spaces in Science and Art", EURM, Skopje
- 2015 Hip-hop (as a counter fashion) and the identity in the Republic of Macedonia, Third Annual International Conference Culture and Identity, Skopje.